Article Processing Charges
Why does the RIMA International Journal of Historical Studies have Article Processing Charges?
Traditional journals are solely based on a reader-pays model, in which institutional libraries typically pay for access to content. However, RIJHIS is fully open access. The Historical community and general public can access all articles published in the journal for free.
This means that RIJHIS does not gain any income through selling subscriptions of the printed or online versions of the published articles. Therefore, by collecting Article Processing Charges from authors’ institutes or research funding bodies, RIJHIS is able to cover the various publishing services:
- Editorial work: peer review, administrative support, commissioning content, journal development.
- Technical infrastructure and innovation: development, maintenance and operation of online journal system and websites.
- Production of articles: formatting and mark-up of articles and inclusion in indexing services.
- Marketing of journal and content: making sure readers and authors know about the work published in the title.
- Customer service: responding to authors and readers.
How Much Does RIJHIS Charge for the Journal?
The journal’s Article Processing Charge for authors from high-income countries is 100 USD. For authors who come from lower-middle-income countries, the Article Processing Charge is 50 USD.
Who is Responsible for Paying the Article Processing Charge?
Upon an article is editorially accepted, the corresponding author will be notified about the payment issue, which is charged to either the author or the funder, institution, or employer.
When and How do Authors Pay?
- Payment through PayPal
- Pay with Debit or Credit Card
- Western Union in US Dollars (USD)
We recommend you use of Debit or Credit Card
Secure Payment system: